Rockford Volleyball Club is always interested in recruiting dedicated coaches. We are looking for coaches for the 2022-23 season for our Regional program. The Regional Teams typically travel and play November – April. Practices are twice a week for 2 hours per practice. Some travel is required. We offer a competitive stipend.
Our mission is to provide our community with excellent volleyball coaching, support, and competition at an exceptional value. We value our coaching staff and entrust you to help all players improve their skills, teach strategy, and also help players learn important life lessons of teamwork, commitment, time management, sportsmanship, and dependability.
We offer competitive pay and a hiring bonus.
If you are interested in applying for a coaching position, apply now online.
- IMPACT certified, desired
- SafeSport training and compliance
- Attend pre-season coach's meeting. (November)
- Assist in running drills and evaluating players at tryouts. (October, November)
- Host a parent meeting with your team during the first two weeks of practice.
- Lead two practices each week between November- May (Regional Teams) or November- June (Select Teams).
- Instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Assesses players’ skills, assigns team positions, and puts together line-ups for matches.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Determines game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of player behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Participates in special activities to include parent’s night and banquet.
- Maintains emergency data cards on each player during the season.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Attends staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.